Online Marketing Partner – How’d That Work Out?
April 22, 2010 · Print This Article
Since I’ve been working with Alan Petersen on our big project – Maximize PLR – I’ve learned a lot about partnering. Yes, I’ve partnered with others before, like with Pat Graham on MyNichePLR, but this particular product is a bigger and involves many different skills and strengths.
I’m going to just put this right out there… You can achieve much more success, fame, money, whatever, if you have a partner(s).
When you look at how far you’ve come, has it been as far as you would have liked?
You can be held back by your lack of knowledge. It takes time to learn every single aspect of Internet marketing. The time you take to learn everything could be better spent by letting a partner handle the parts of the project you don’t know how to do. [Pick a partner who has strengths where you have weaknesses.]
If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll admit you’re not good at everything, even if you do know how to do it all. My weaknesses are some of the more techy stuff and video. My strengths are in the written word and I have an eye for the small details. Alan’s strengths totally compliment my weaknesses. Together we are bigger than the sum of our parts.
We’ve learned from each other when we’ve wanted to, but I admit there is quite a lot of relief on my part when I can ask Alan to take care of some technical issue I’ve been trying to sweat through!
The result is a huge product I am very happy to put my name to. Here’s the big question – Could I have done it by myself? Hmmm, doubtful. This is what would have happened:
- I probably wouldn’t have added video, or if I did, there wouldn’t have been very much video and the quality would be have been… iffy. Not good because video is absolutely necessary in this product. It’s a How To product, and you can’t totally do that with a bunch of screencasts and pdfs. Alan shot over 11 hours of video!
- I wouldn’t have had the expertise in some of the areas to be able to teach them. For example, I’ve not turned PLR into a real live book and sold it on Amazon. Alan has. So Maximize PLR would have been a much smaller and different product, certainly not a membership site. Our combined knowledge is huge!
- It would have taken FOREVER to complete. Although I’m blessed/cursed with a Type A personality, I am only one person who needs her 8 hours of sleep a night or she gets really cranky.
- I would have been limited by the number of relationships I have with other internet marketers. Instead, we’ve got my contacts and Alan’s contacts. This helps with recruiting affiliates.
- It wouldn’t have been as much fun.
Finding the right partner(s) is a winning solution. You can have the expertise of others, get everything done faster, in effect – know who they know, and increase your chances for success.
Okay, now you add your comments about partnering so this isn’t a one-way conversation. Good experience? Bad experience? Yet to experience?